Schools & Colleges
G Live Partnership Schools Scheme
We are seeking a local school (Guildford or surrounding area) who will:
- Have a clear area of focus that they want to explore with G Live’s support
- Be committed to maintaining a practical relationship with us
- Be supportive of the creative industries and interested in widening students’ knowledge of the arts
- Share information about the partnership and G Live across students, parents and supporters
- Keep communication lines open and maintain a dialogue across the year
- Share project feedback, in the form of an end of year evaluation, to help us improve and refine our offer to local schools.
This is the fifth year of G Live’s partner schools programme, and we are excited to once again offer local schools the chance to work with our venue in a bespoke, intensive partnership across the academic year of 2019/20.
Deadline closed on Mon 24 June 2020.
Visiting G Live
From Foundation Stage to University, G Live can deliver inspirational opportunities to explore creative arts, from unique access to professional companies to creative and business knowledge shared by our permanent venue team.
A huge thank you for allowing us to bring the boys to the rehearsal last week. It was thoroughly enjoyable and useful for us at school as the boys were able to see and hear the instruments in a more 'real' way than what we can demonstrate in the classroom. Many of the boys were mesmerised by the orchestra and several are desperate to learn an instrument.
Teacher from Aldro School for Boys
Ways in which we can support your school:
- Schools prices for selected performances
- Pre and post show talks on selected performances
- Open rehearsals for selected performances
- Tours of the venue
- Seminars and informal talks on careers in the arts, the business behind the arts and roles in the industry
- Tailor made workshops to support your curriculum, or long term residency projects
- Hire of our spaces for performances, projects and exams
- Help and support with your delivery of the Arts Award Qualification as an Arts Award Supporter
If you would like to discuss any of these opportunities please contact Fiona Moon, Creative Learning Manager, on 01483 739065 / fmoon@GLive.co.uk
Risk Assessment Advice for Visiting Schools
If you are visiting us and need information to support your risk assessment writing we have created a short guide document below.
Risk assessment guide
G Live is proud to be an Arts Award Supporter
We can offer a range of activities to support groups and individuals doing their arts award, including:
- Backstage tours
- Pre-performance seminars to assist review writing
- Pre-show talks
- Opportunities to meet arts professionals
- Holiday workshops for young people to get involved in the arts
- A Creative Company for 15-24-year-olds to produce their own events
- An Applied Industry week every year for 14-19-year-olds to create their own event