Creative Company Recruitment
G Live, Guildford
Would you like to gain experience in the arts? G Live has a perfect opportunity for creative young people age 15-25. Join our Creative Company and create innovative and accessible arts and music events here at G Live.
This is a free and social group for young people, who meet weekly (every Wednesday 6-8pm) to gain experience of devising and presenting performances and workshops in a professional venue.
G Live Creative Company works alongside the Creative Learning Department and professional volunteer mentors, in order gain hands on experience of producing arts/ creative events whilst developing an independent and confident working style. We seek to represent young people in the arts and create fun, interesting events for undiscovered performers and untapped audiences. Members of G Live Creative Company receive ongoing support and advice to devise their own projects.
Read on to find out what we are planning for the new season and how to apply.
These are the projects Creative Company is going to work on during the upcoming season:
- Organising activities for Family Day at G Live
- Creating interactive performances for Innovate Guildford
- Preparing an immersive theatre production for the Guildford Fringe Festival 2019
Some of our members have gone to work at Glastonbury, work with Delfont Mackintosh, even in the West End and pursue professional arts careers.
Being part of Creative Company is great! It has always felt like part of a community and I really enjoy working on our different projects together. Even though I only joined this year I feel like I have developed through being part of the group. My confidence has grown in relation to working in different environments, working with different events and working with different target audiences. Not only do I have fun at Creative Company but I do really feel that the experience each of us gains will help us as we progress into work and/or university and into new teams.
Fleur – current member.
I really enjoyed The Ministry of Truth last night - I’ve been to Punchdrunk productions before and I thought, for a first time effort and on smaller scale, this was up there with their work - genuinely atmospheric and some nice surprising ideas so very impressed!
- Attending meetings and minuting (taking notes)
- Researching and information gathering
- Planning events
- Attending and/or co-leading on events
- Marketing upcoming events
- Devising and developing activities within the group
- Contracting events
- General administration
- Taking up opportunities to be involved with wider G Live activities, such as becoming a volunteer usher for other G Live shows/events or becoming a chaperone for children’s events
Any other duties that may be required.
Who we are looking for
- Be friendly and enthusiastic
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have interest in and a passion for the creative industries
- Have an ability and confidence to work independently
- Have competent literacy and IT skills
- Be interested in experience a range of roles in order to put on an event
- Applicants might also be interested in working with children & young people
Please note that the group focuses on event management rather than performing. There may be opportunities to utilize performance skills, but the main activities are around planning and managing events.
How to join
Send completed forms by email to Fiona Moon
FAO: Fiona Moon, G Live, London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AA